Zeeland Public Schools, with family and community, prepares students for a lifetime of learning.
ZPS employs 1,036 staff. Of these, 454 are educators, counselors, and professional special education support staff. The remainder includes administration and support staff critical to the day-to-day operations of the district.
- Fall 2020 student enrollment K-12: 6,132
- Fall 2020 student enrollment at ZEHS: 926
- Fall 2020 student enrollment at ZWHS: 1,018
- The ZPS district is 94 square miles, encompassing the city of Zeeland, a portion of the city of Holland, and 8 townships within Ottawa and Allegan Counties.
- 1,300,000 building square footage on over 524 district acres
- The district includes two high schools, two middle schools, and six elementary schools.
- Additionally, the district houses an Early Childhood Center, a year-round K-8 multi-age school, Spanish Immersion, elementary gifted and talented, an alternative high school program, and various online program options.
- 70 staff members include custodians, grounds, and maintenance who are responsible for cleaning, maintaining buildings, landscaping, maintaining athletic fields, snowplowing, and preventative maintenance.
- In K-5, there is a guaranteed 90 minute Literacy Block that includes a 60 minute Reading Workshop to ensure differentiated practice, plus a 30 minute Orton-Gilingham based Word Work Block.
- Interventions and extensions are provided in K-5 and 6-8.
- Various elementary specials are provided in Spanish, music, STEM, art and physical education.
- High School SAT Composite Score: 1019
- 17 Advanced Placement courses offered in 2020-2021
- During the 2020-2021 academic year, ZHS had a combined total of 1036 AP enrollments
- Courses of study include college preparatory, business, vocational, general education, technical, Spanish Immersion, and Advanced Placement.
- 82% of ZPS graduates are college bound.
- 5600 Chromebooks in Grades 3-12 and 1900 iPads for grades Pre-K to 2nd Grade
- 1000 desktops are deployed across 11 school buildings; 15 labs are available for daily student use.
- In its second decade of 1:1 implementation with over 7000 devices, technology use has a powerful impact on student achievement.